Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm one of those crazy environmentalist-like people who everyone hates. I can't help it. When someone tries to throw away their empty soda can (100 PERCENT RECYCLABLE) I sort of freak out and take it out of the trash and put it in the recycling... yeah, gross. I'm a vegetarian for environmental and animal rights reasons, I helped get both of my workplaces to start recycling, I don't drink out of plastic water bottles... okay, I'm done listing my attempts to be friends with our planet. I just want to post some images that remind me why I put in the effort, and show everyone else too :)


I love flowers. Love them. I'd love to keep them around.
I love that I'm able to pick my own food. It feels so natural to find food and use it.
We drove all the way down the Pacific Highway one summer and I fell in love with every part of  California.
I get very excited over alternative energy sources. This here is a wind turbine. Hooray!
This is Alaska, right before we saw the glacier. It breaks my heart that, because of us, we are losing the beauty the world gives us.
I love red pandas! So precious. How could we possibly be okay with endangering such a lovable animal?

Now that I have my own chickens I can't stand to think of these poor creatures getting treated so horribly. Our chickens love to wander and explore, love nectarines, and are so fun to cuddle with. I don't think I could ever eat one again.

Okay, I'm done. I love the planet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment