Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Site Preference

Over the course of the semester so far we've looked at three truly unique and wonderful places. I love the Weatherspoon Art Museum with its dramatic lighting and labyrinth of galleries. I'm intrigued by the history behind the Greensboro Historical Museum and its quest to find its identity and truly represent Greensboro. I believe the Industries of the Blind provides a wonderful challenge to provide an aesthetically pleasing design across multiple senses and to do so with full accessibility. 
However, having thought about it a lot, I think the site I want to spend my time and efforts on is the Greensboro Historical Museum. I feel like I have a connection to the space and will be able to provide incite to what a well-functioning museum should feel like. I want to help them find their identity in the community and strengthen the unity of the space. I believe that this site is the one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment